Substance use disorder is a very challenging fight. It requires dedication and determination to heal and change. But, there are some things we cannot put off in this fast-paced society, such as our responsibilities.
Skyward Treatment understands that not everyone has the opportunity to participate in a residential treatment program due to obligations like paying bills and other expenses. But that does not mean they are not entitled to a full recovery from addiction.
Fortunately, Skyward Treatment offers flexible addiction treatment in Houston, Texas, through our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
What’s an IOP?
An alternative and flexible treatment plan to inpatient or residential rehab is Intensive Outpatient Program. This program is designed to assist people with substance use disorder who do not initially meet the requirements for admission to a residential or inpatient drug rehab facility.
IOP also provides the rehabilitative care needed to progress toward sobriety.
Individuals who have just been released from inpatient or residential treatment programs can enroll in IOP programs because it is also step-down transitional care. In general, some individuals from residential programs require more intensive care than outpatient programs which require only weekly or biweekly sessions.
Additionally, these programs are available to treat individuals who don’t qualify for partial hospitalization plans. Recovering individuals enrolled in IOP programs receive a minimum of 9 hours of weekly treatment services, split into multiple sessions of 3 hours, each spread out throughout the week.
Both residential treatment programs and outpatient programs share many similarities with intensive outpatient programs. IOP functions like outpatient programs because it does not require recovering individuals to live in the rehab facility.
The program is also based on the principles of residential treatment programs that include intensive treatment.
The Benefits of IOP in the Greater Houston Area
Indeed, IOP is a very effective treatment program for substance use disorder, but there are numerous benefits aside from its effectiveness. The following are a few of the most notable advantages of intensive outpatient programs (IOPs):
- Recovering individuals have access to a wide range of treatment approaches and services, including family therapy, individual counseling, support groups, etc.
- Recovering individuals can practice their therapies and develop healthy coping skills in their phase, in both controlled and less supervised conditions.
- IOP provides structure to help them to find their footing and speed up their recovery.
- IOP can adjust to meet the requirements of any client because it is adaptable.
- IOPs are less expensive than conventional inpatient treatment programs.
- Recovering individuals can continue with their school, work, and family lives while attending therapy without putting their lives on hold.
There is no one-size-fits-all addiction treatment plan. It’s best to understand that every aspect of recovery is unique to each person. But if you think you’re ready for our Intensive Outpatient Program, don’t hesitate to call us.
Start your recovery at Skyward Treatment today.