In the United States, 1 in 12 men and 1 in 25 women, or more than 6% of adults, have an alcohol use disorder. But what precisely is alcohol use disorder?
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a medical condition characterized by an inability to curb or limit alcohol use, although doing so has negative consequences.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
The severity of alcohol addiction is determined by how many symptoms you have. Here are the common symptoms if you have alcohol addiction:
- Limiting the amount of alcohol you consume is difficult
- You drink most of the time
- Having a strong urge to drink alcohol
- Being neglectful at work, school, or home because of drinking
- Drinking alcohol even if it harms your physical, social, career, or relationship
- Neglecting your hobbies in exchange for drinking
- Experiencing a hangover when not drinking
- Encountering short-term memory loss or blackouts
- Extreme mood swings and irritability
- Drinking to feel normal, to cope with stress, or to relax
- Becoming distant or isolated from close friends and family members
- Drinking while driving
How to Treat Alcohol Addiction?
Just like any disorder, alcohol addiction is treatable. Here at Skyward Treatment, we commend individuals who accept that they need help to recover. We have different treatment programs developed to treat various addictions.
Here are some of our treatment programs for alcohol addiction:
This treatment involves eliminating toxins and leftover alcohol from your body. This is the first step in the program after evaluating your needs. Also, this is medically assisted, meaning our professional health care providers monitor you while undergoing detox.
Outpatient Treatment Program
In Outpatient Treatment Program, patients don’t need to undergo detox and residential treatment. But, this program is only for patients with mild alcohol addiction.
Residential Treatment Program
A Residential Treatment Program is where a patient stays at a treatment facility for a specified period to receive medical treatment. As part of their recovery process, health care professionals monitor them 24/7 to ensure efficient recovery and assurance.
Continuous Care Program
We offer this program to ensure full recovery and continued sobriety of our patients through therapies and counseling.
Skyward Treatment is based in Sugar Land, Texas. If you have more questions or clarifications, our helpline is open, reach out to us today.