As summer approaches, people always plan a summer vacation, get-together with friends, a beach trip, or a pool party.
Summer vacation always includes food and alcoholic drinks. It sounds fun for regular people, but for someone on a recovery journey, it sounds like a potential relapse.
Staying sober during summer vacation is not easy. You don’t have to worry because a sober summer vacation is possible. We list tips on how you can enjoy your summer vacation:
- Condition your mind and body about not drinking during and after the vacation. If you know someone will lean on you to drink, plan what you are going to say. Be firm.
- Tell your family and friends that you are on a journey to sobriety. Ask for their help and understanding.
- You can bring your preferred non-alcoholic drink.
- Know ahead of time who is not drinking and staying sober in your family and friends.
- Know that you can excuse yourself whenever you want to. Especially if the situation is uncomfortable for you.
With the help of addiction therapy, you’ve fought hard to free yourself from the grip of substance dependence. And sober summer vacation is the best way to achieve a successful recovery.
Staying sober doesn’t mean you have to stay home. Exploring new activities without alcohol or substances will let you adapt to a new healthy lifestyle.
Here are some sober activities for summer:
- Camping with your sober friends
- Read novels
- Enroll in a gym
- Take a cooking class
- Host a BBQ party sans alcohol
- Eat out and explore with your tastebuds
Plan your summer vacation. Go to gatherings that you are comfortable with. Remember, no one’s pressuring you. You can say no.
Skyward Treatment Can Help
The summer season can be tiring, but at Skyward Treatment we can make it easy for you, not just during, but all year round.
We also serve people from Dallas, Texas, and the cities around.
If you want to learn more about our treatments and programs, you can contact us today!