Summer vacation is the time to meet friends and family, host pool parties or just go to the beach and relax in the shade. All these events often include alcohol and other addictive substances. But if you have recently recovered or are recovering from addiction, you might want to have a sober summer vacation.
Spending a sober summer vacation has several benefits additional to maintaining sobriety and good health. Experts from Skyward Treatment suggest a few activities which can make your sober summer vacation a memorable one.
Spend a Sober Summer Vacation
Everyone loves to have a chilled beer while relaxing at the beach or on the poolside but if you’re recovering from addiction, you might want to avoid that. Avoiding alcohol during summer vacation not only helps you keep sober but also has other benefits like:
- Saves money
- Strengthens relationships
- You can make and remember good memories
- No hangovers
- You can focus on what’s important
- No shame, guilt, or embarrassment for your behavior while you were drunk
You can go to the beach or relax on the poolside but without alcohol. There are several other activities that you can plan to do to enjoy your summer vacation. Some of them can be:
- Exploring new places
- Watching movies at the home, theater, or even at drive-in cinemas
- Reading good books
- Going to the gym and working out
- Taking up cooking classes
- Hosting game nights with non-alcoholic beverages
- Trying out new restaurants
- Attending summer festivals
- Practicing self-care
Plan these things in advance and also be around friends and family who know and support your sobriety.
Go to Rehab if needed
If you feel you won’t be able to hold yourself from drinking during summer vacations, you can consult our experts at Skyward Treatment for help. We are here to help anyone in Fort Worth, Texas.
Contact us now and get all the assistance you need to stay sober during summer vacation.