Did you know that narcissism and addiction often go side by side? Yes, they do, and this is something that often complicates both disorders.
Here at Skyward Treatment, we’re always looking for ways to educate our readers and prospective patients when it comes to the dangers of addiction and the beauty of recovery.
In this article, we’re going to talk about the link between narcissism and addiction.
The Narcissistic Personality Disorder
You might be wondering what a narcissistic personality disorder is, right? Well, this is one of the most complex mental health disorders that most people find hard to treat.
Although some of its key features is that cold emotional detachment from their host or victim; they don’t always acknowledge the pain they’re inflicting on others.
Not only that, but some of the most common symptoms of NPD are the following:
- They look down on others and are often boastful and arrogant.
- They don’t take criticism very well, and they tend to lash out whenever they’re corrected.
- They have a grandiose sense of self, an oversized ego, and a sense of entitlement.
- They tend to manipulate other people to achieve their goals or objectives.
- They isolate their victims from their family or friends.
- They feel no guilt, no remorse, and no shame for the actions they’re doing.
- They’re only concerned with themselves and nobody else.
It’s never easy to suffer from NPD, and it’s never easy to be around someone suffering from this type of disorder. Plus, it’s worse when you come to think that those suffering from NPD often suffer from alcohol use disorder as well.
Now, this is why it’s vital to give them the necessary help and support they need to overcome this rough patch in their lives.
Here at Skyward Treatment, we offer countless programs like Medically Assisted Detox, Alcohol Addiction Treatment, and Polysubstance Addiction Treatment at our beautiful rehabilitation center in Houston, Texas.
Not only that, but you’ll know that you’re in safe hands with our team of certified medical professionals.
Skyward Treatment will be your home away from home, and we will guarantee a beautiful and comfortable place for you to get better as you start your journey toward addiction recovery.
So what’s stopping you from living your best sober life?
Call us today at Skyward Treatment for more information.