There have been several cases of heroin addiction lately. It is not just an addiction, but is also a chronic disease which upon excessive consumption tempts the user to consume even more. Heroin affects the brain of the user along with several other problems like financial crisis, spoiled relationships with family members, friends or work mates and derailing careers.
If you or any of your loved ones need assistance in overcoming heroin addiction, Skyward Treatment is always there to guide you.
Heroin addiction alters the normal functioning of your brain directly affecting its opioid receptors. It stimulates the feeling of sudden pleasure in your body. There are several hazardous side effects of heroin addiction but there are three major effects which one needs to pay attention to.
- Physical Changes: a person under the influence of heroin will experience its effects sooner after injecting the drug. They will experience other physical effects like:
- Reduced rate of breathing
- Dry mouth with flushed skin
- Contracted pupils
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lifestyle Changes: one of the most noticeable changes in a heroin addict is isolation from friends and family as they fear that others might discover their addiction. Another change can be recognised when they begin to give up on their passions and hobbies and show negative performance at school or work. They might also be seen wearing long sleeved clothes even in warm weather to hide the needle marks caused due to frequent injections of the drug.
- Heroin Apparatus: a person consuming heroin will require certain apparatus specifically made for heroin consumption. You may try to spot some of these apparatus like needles, pipes, lighters, spoons, elastics bands or rubber tubes. These are used to take heroin via different methods such as smoking, snorting and injecting.
If you come across any of these signs, immediately talk to that person and know more about their addiction. Try and convince them to go to a heroin rehab center like Skyward Treatment if they are not ready to do so on their own.
Skyward Treatment will help your loved ones overcome heroin addiction and also lead them to live an addiction free healthy life again. Contact us now to know more about our treatment programs.