Addiction to drugs and alcohol has almost become an epidemic in the country. With the legalization of a few drugs, the situation has worsened. Numerous people are becoming a victim of this chronic disease which further leads to the development of some life-threatening mental and physical health conditions. If left untreated for a longer time, the addiction can lead to overdose and even death.
Several surveys are happening across the country which prove that addiction has become a rising concern.
Experts and researchers have carried out several surveys in many states of the country to identify the rising cases of addiction and the ones who failed to receive treatment on time. The statistics are as follows:
- According to the SAMHSA, more than 800,000 people aging above 18 years of age failed to receive treatment for illicit drug abuse in the year 2017.
- In the same year, more than 1,700,000 citizens aged 28 and above failed to receive treatment for alcohol use disorder.
- In 2017 itself, approximately 18% of the adults suffered from a mental illness, out of which only about 12% managed to receive treatment.
- The reports by CDC suggest that there were more than 5000 cases of a drug overdose in the year 2017.
- The NIDA also mentions that there were more than 2,500 deaths due to opioid overdose in the year 2017.
- There were twice as many deaths recorded due to fentanyl overdose alone. This was the record for over two years.
The statistics clearly show that addiction is becoming a rising concern and several people need help.
Get the Help you Need!
If you too are suffering from addiction, immediately take action and visit Skyward Treatment before the situation worsens.
Our services are available for all the residents of Fort Worth, Texas. Contact our team now and get the treatment as early as possible.