For most people, chronic stress has been linked to addiction and various health issues. They say that the higher the level of stress, there’s higher the chance that individuals are going to fall back onto their unhealthy patterns or coping mechanisms.
One of these unhealthy coping mechanisms is none other than substance abuse.
While not everybody turns to drugs or alcohol to deal with their stress, it’s important to know if you are one of those people who think that stress is an addiction trigger for them. There’s nothing wrong with this, but it’s so much better to be aware of it, so you’ll know how to deal with it in the future.
If you think that stress might be an addiction trigger for you, then answer these five questions as truthfully as possible:
- Do you often think that the best way to unwind after a long day should involve alcohol and drugs?
- Have you ever misused any of your prescription medication?
- Do you often go for binge-drinking sessions after a long and tiring day at work?
- Whenever you’re anxious or depressed, do you ever take more medication than what’s prescribed?
- After a fight or an argument with another person, do you find yourself gravitating towards a liquor bottle?
If you’ve answered “yes” to one or more of the aforementioned questions, then there’s a high chance that stress could be an addiction trigger for you. Naturally, not everyone develops an addiction once they’re stressed, but it does contribute to various mental and physical health complications. This is why it’s so important to develop healthy coping mechanisms and evaluate your stress levels.
Here at Skyward Treatment, we believe that it’s always best to seek professional help if you think stress is an addiction trigger for you. We can give you the things you need to ensure that you lead a healthier and more sober lifestyle.
Reach out to us at Skyward Treatment, and you’ll see that we have one of the best treatment facilities in Sugarland, Texas, and we have the most efficient medical professionals who can help you reach sobriety. We can’t wait to have you over!